Get Smart Education’s Professional Learning Courses build teaching skills and allow for deeper subject knowledge.
Our courses enable you to get the best out of your students and open the door to better opportunities in your teaching career.
HSC Professional Learning Courses
Get Smart Education runs standard and customised external professional learning events throughout the year.
These are led by award winning teachers and authors David Broadbridge (Business Studies) and Ken Webb (History). The aim of each session is to improve student engagement and learning outcomes, boosting those all important HSC results.
As experts in curriculum, assessment and marking, David and Ken are able to enhance teacher understanding of the subjects they teach, equipping them with a range of strategies that empower their students for learning.
Join us for a workshop/course/seminar that will make all the difference to your teaching career and your students’ final results.
The Get Smart Education Difference
Our professional learning programs are:
- Practical and grounded in the context of teaching
- Directly related to the work of teaching
- Filled with content that allows teacher to extend their professional knowledge
- Structure to maximise learning outcomes
Who Needs Get Smart Education?
Consider enrolling in Get Smart’s Professional Learning Courses if you are:
- Starting out as an HSC educator
- Returning to the industry after a break
- Experienced but would like a refresher course and a new perspective
- Interesting in learning new teaching strategies
- Looking to maximise your student’s HSC results
- Looking for HSC exam tips
Working in small groups, Get Smart’s Teacher Education courses cover a range of material, delving into teaching techniques and strategies that students can use to enhance their subject knowledge.
Get Smart Education is currently working with the BOSTES to become an endorsed provider in 2018 so that our courses will count towards teacher accreditation requirements.